TRAP & SEAL ANALYSIS
16 - 20 July 2018 | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6 - 10 August 2018 | Sydney, Australia
Doing a good job of identifying valid potential hydrocarbon traps requires creativity and resourcefulness, plus an excellent understanding of what may constitute a trap and where potential spill and leak-points may be.
Prospect evaluation generally starts with the search for traps. Once a potential trap has been identified, the seal is only given relatively cursory attention in many cases. For trapped hydrocarbons all four main play elements (trap, reservoir, seal and charge) are equally important; after all, if any of these elements are missing no hydrocarbons can be trapped. In this course, trap and seal analysis is discussed together as they are closely linked; after all it may be argued that without a seal, there is no trap.
Download course agenda today – Click here!
By attending this course, you will be able to:
* Understanding and identifying spill and potential leak-points of traps
* Theoretical aspects of seals and sealing capacity
* Methods to assess the sealing potential of seals
* Trap identification and analysis in a variety of extensional and in compressional settings
* Unusual traps, such as basement traps
* Sealing mechanisms and reasons of seal failure: permeability seals and hydraulic seals
* Effectiveness of Top and Fault seals
* Dealing with traps with multiple reservoir-seal pairs (in different basin settings)
* Differential leakage of gas versus oil and its role on gas-oil mix in traps
* How to treat trap and seal risks and uncertainty in a technically sound (and pragmatic) way in probabilistic risk and volume analysis tools; also for multiple reservoir-seal pair prospects
Who should attend this course?
The course is designed for experienced explorers, working as geologists, seismic interpreters or as supervisors or team leaders managing exploration teams.
What past participants said about this course?
“Good course for explanation geoscientist.” - Geoscientist, Petronas
“The materials provided is very easy to understand.” - Geoscientist, PCSB
“Excellent instructor. Course material makes assessment for trap and seal more meaningful.” - Geoscientist, Petronas
“Thank you Dr Jan for the great information!” - Geoscientist, Petronas
Register now to enjoy our 3 for 2 Bundle Offer while it lasts.
TEAM EARLY BIRD
Trap & Seal Analysis
Team of 3, per participant
Trap & Seal Analysis
To learn more about the Trap & Seal Analysis training course, simply:
- reply to emailEQ@petroedgeasia.com to obtain more information and registration details
- click to download the full brochure complete with registration details or visit www.petroedgeasia.net
- call +65 6741 9927 to speak with Mohamed
- click here to send a Call Back Request
- Live chat is also available. Click HERE to chat with us about this course.
Follow us on: NrgEdge | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
This premier Oil & Gas training course is proudly brought to you by petroEDGE.
Explore our upcoming training programs in Petroleum Geoscience
Prospect Maturation | 9 – 13 July 2018, Jakarta, Indonesia
Exploration Simulation: Critical Thinking, Technical Integration And Commercials | 14 - 18 May 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Petroleum Fluids and Source Rocks in E&P Projects | 13 – 15 Aug 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Operations Geology | 13 – 17 Aug 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Advanced Petrophysics | 26 - 30 Aug 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fluvial-Deltaic Depositional Systems | 19 - 21 Sep 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
AVO, Attributes and Inversion: Principles and Applications | 24 - 28 Sep 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Deepwater Depositional Systems | 24 - 26 Sep 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fundamentals of E&P Data Management & Physical Asset Management | 24 - 28 Sep 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fundamentals of Seismic for Non-Geophysicists | 15 – 17 Oct 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
How to Interpret Multi-Well Pressure vs Depth Plots & Pressure Maps from DSTs & Wire-line Formation Test Data including Hydrodynamics | 26 - 30 Nov 2018, Perth, Australia
Application of Structural Geology in Seismic Interpretation | 26 – 30 Nov 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Clastic Exploration & Reservoir Sedimentology | 3 - 7 Dec 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Carbonate Reservoir Geology | 10 - 14 Dec 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
petroEDGE® is proud to be a member of the CPD Certification Services, UK. Receiving too many emails?
Date of Training
16 Jul 2018Oil and Gasoil and gas trainingpetroedgePetroEDGE Training Providertrap and seal analysishydrocarbon trapsKuala Lumpur
MY 28 Aug 2019
MY 21 Aug 2019
MY 20 Aug 2019
MY 19 Aug 2019
MY 13 Aug 2019