This course covers the basic principles of oil trading and the markets. Through a variety of specific exercises, delegates will learn the techniques involved in trading and how to address day-to-day problems.
The course focuses on the key markets, pricing and the mechanisms involved in trading. Aspects of the various exposures encountered in trading are covered together with hedging and price risk management techniques. Syndicate exercises will address each skill required. Over the course, syndicate groups will manage their own company positions in live trading situations.
It is recommended that delegates should have attended "International Oil Supply, Transportation, Refining and Trading" (SP1) or have working knowledge of all of the subjects covered in that course.
What you will learn:
Manager's Return on Investment:
- Comprehend the Brent Market and its influence on international pricing
- Position management with hedging tools
- The structure of purchase/sales contracts including exposures and transaction costs
- Price risk management
- Developing successful trading strategies
- The use of trading instruments to capture the market
- Use of Freight Forwards to manage freight risk
- Working the arbitrage
- Trading structured positions and live markets
Upon completion of this course your employees will understand:
- A full understanding of the international oil markets, the market drivers and principal players, and the factors in price formation for crude and products.
- Knowledge of a full range of trading techniques; in depth understanding of price exposure and the various instruments which can be used for dealing with price, credit and shipping risk.
- The opportunity for practical application of the knowledge gained through specially designed exercises, and trading on the live markets.
- A detailed appreciation of contract terms and conditions, together with the opportunity to negotiate and work with other delegates from a large range of organisations and cultures.
- Recourse to the knowledge and experience of a world-class faculty and visiting lecturers.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it