AGR Reservoir Management team was assigned to evaluate Thermal Enhanced Oil Recovery options for an Eastern Asian national oil company.
The work scope included the reservoir simulation model construction for thermal recovery methods and screening of thermal production techniques. Our Reservoir team also evaluated the reservoir simulation model and forecast profiles of a 3rd party. Using the sector model with multi-well configuration, the optimisation of well patterns and sensitivity study of thermal production had been investigated to maximise the oil recovery factor.
Furthermore, the production profiles for large scale commercial field development (200,000 STBD ~ 400,000 STBD) was generated for the economic assessment.
AGR delivered to the client:
- Reservoir simulation model construction for thermal recovery method
- Screening of production techniques for heavy oil production
- Evaluation of Field Development Plan
- Expertise on the simulation modelling of thermal production technology for large scale commercial development
- Working in the client's office to ensure the direct discussions with the client
- Framing the work scope at the kick-off meeting with the client to identify the deliverables clearly
- Weekly progress meeting with client to ensure the progress in line with the work plan
- Using parallel licenses to speed up the execution of the simulation models.
For more case studies and delivered projects, visit this page.
Visit source siteReserves ManagementReservoirLatin America Oil and GasEngineeringAGREnhanced Oil Resourcesheavy oilField Development Planning