P2 Energy Solutions
is proud to announce that Tobin, its oil and gas information division, is celebrating its 90th year of operation.
For the better part of a century, Tobin
has set the industry standard for spatial accuracy of oil and gas information.
Founded in 1928 in San Antonio Texas, by Edgar G. Tobin, the company began capturing and interpreting aerial photography to create detailed maps for the burgeoning Texas oil industry. By 1930 the company had already mapped over 3,000 miles of pipelines and numerous fields including projects in Mexico and Venezuela.
Tobin quickly established itself as the industry leader in spatial information management in the United States and has set significant milestones ever since. Acquired by P2 Energy Solutions in 2004, Tobin was and remains a trusted source for mapping and geo-spatial data services for oil and gas producers.
With Tobin's dedicated specialists, who have over 850 years of combined experience and a history of pinpoint accuracy, Tobin gives their customers the confidence to make decisions that impact their company's success. Fast, quality data delivery and user-friendly design lets oil and gas producers see well, lease, and land activity with complete clarity.
“Tobin has established a solid foundation of trust over 90 years and as part of P2 we continue to build the future with our customers,” said J. Scott Lockhart, CEO of P2 Energy Solutions. “We are bringing new insights through machine learning, visualization, advanced analytics, and value-added solutions to meet the needs of the industry for the next century and beyond. We are just getting started.”Tobin Timeline: From Maps to Megabytes
- 1928 – Tobin Aerial Surveys is founded
- 1930 – 3,000 miles of fields and pipelines mapped
- 1933 – Tobin establishes the industry standard for oilfield ownership maps
- 1940 – The Tobin Grid reference is created to quickly locate oilfields in Texas
- 1942 to 1945 – Tobin provides aerial mapping and geospatial know-how for the allied war effort
- 1954 – Lease information is added to maps
- 1963 – Tobin creates the first computerized well database
- 1991 – The Tobin Lease Record Service is established
- 1994 – Tobin Data Graphics LLC is established to design and market better digital maps
- 1998 – Tobin, GPS Technology Corp., and TruVue Corp. merge to form Tobin International
- 2004 – P2 Energy Solutions acquires Tobin International
P2 Energy Solutions empowers the people who power the world. Upstream oil and gas professionals from more than 1,600 companies around the globe rely on P2's oil and gas accounting, data, land, and production solutions to optimize their business processes and performance. Visit www.p2energysolutions.com
to learn more.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it