The Delivery and Change Specialist, Americas plays a critical role in the delivery of the Downstream Procurement change agenda. As the Delivery and Change Specialist, you will serve as a liaison on change programs between the Global Strategy & Excellence team, the regional leadership teams, and the local procurement groups. You will collaborate with the rest of the Delivery and Change team on projects within the space of procurement processes and systems, procurement operational metrics, procurement delivery reporting and ideation, and defining ways of working amongst various procurement teams. You will also work on reporting progress on the delivery of assigned projects and change activity, as well as leading the communications and necessary change management associated with said programs to various stakeholder, leadership, and procurement teams. The Delivery and Change Specialist is responsible for the delivery of a defined set of strategic projects and initiatives that drive functional improvement in Procurement, and will act as an internal consultant in facilitating said projects.
- Contributes to the delivery of strategic change projects in Downstream Procurement.
- Contributes to the successful delivery of the Downstream Procurement strategic agenda.
- Reports progress on assigned projects and change activities.
- Works with key Procurement and business stakeholders impacted by the implementation of assigned projects.
- Works with colleagues across the regional delivery and change teams to deliver consistency and commonality in the Downstream Procurement strategic agenda.
- Collaborates with the business to remove roadblocks and enables the practical delivery of the change programs, maximising value for BP.
- Ensures the appropriate management of change and mitigation of risk is applied to change activity.
- Works with third parties to deliver the PSCM agenda e.g. consulting third parties and contractors where appropriate.
In-Year Planning and Delivery
- Contribute to the development of materials and inputs into key business processes and performance management forums (such as CBM, QPR's, annual planning processes), that describe procurement strategy, plans, performance delivery and key risks.
- Contributes to Downstream Procurement communication vehicles (such as blogs, announcements, webcasts and status reporting) to build buy in and understanding for strategic change.
- Coordination and production of ad-hoc communications associated with the delivery of the Downstream Procurement strategic agenda.
- A Bachelors's Degree in a technical or business discipline or relevant years of experience required.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or Consulting.
- Skilled application in communicating with and influencing at all levels in an organisation.
- Basic application in converting strategic direction and agenda into tangible project plans, and mobilising resources to deliver those plans.
- Basic application in managing large transformational change programmes - developing and implementing strategy to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of a business area / unit.
- Demonstrated ability to take large amounts of complex data and disseminate it in an effective, easy to understand manner
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work independently