Ensure timely completion & entry into Pipeline Compliance System (PCS) of core corrosion tasks (BP conformance & regulatory compliance); annual surveys, rectifier inspections, bond inspections, probe and coupon inspections, atmospheric inspections.
- Plan and conduct field Close-Interval and Depth-of-Cover surveys according to schedule and conduct initial analysis and consult with Corrosion Team Leader/Corrosion TA if correction action is necessary.
- Champion HSSE policy and practices.
- Maintain all corrosion control records and diagrams as required by regulations and sound business practice.
- Assist Team Lead in preparing detailed engineering evaluations of corrosion mitigation processes in your area of responsibility to determine practical and cost effective means of protecting assets from corrosion.
- Perform installation, maintenance and monitoring of corrosion control systems .
- Monitor and elevate to team lead any technical assistance needed to field operations and maintenance personnel in matters regarding cathodic protection, protective coatings, material selection, corrosion inhibitors & biocides, corrosion data management, construction techniques, and testing procedures for the prevention and control of corrosion.
- Provide technical support for regulatory audits.
- Informally trains operations and maintenance personnel by raising individual knowledge and awareness of corrosion control.
- Conduct system surveys for exposed pipelines (i.e. spans and soil-to-air transitions, station piping).
- Analyze data, with assistance from team lead or technical authority, gathered after leaks resulting from corrosion and implement approved corrosion related corrective actions.
- Track corrision deficiencies to provide input to Annual Planning Process and develop 1 to 3 year maintenance plan.
- Maintain NACE certification
- Implement industry standards for NACE RP-0169-92.
- Participate in leak reduction by employing consistent and sound corrosion control practices.
- Adhere to all applicable BP/Pipelines & Logistics BU policies and procedures.
High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of corrosion survey & data collection techniques.
- Possess a working knowledge of electrical components.
- Minimum (5) years experience in the pipeline corrosion prevention field