The Safety Coordinator is responsible for the integrity and effectiveness of the assigned district sites' day-to-day safety, health and security programs, policies and procedures. In order to be successful as the Safety Coordinator, you will need leadership in safety, attention to detail, the ability to influence others, and the prioritization of work on a continual basis, in a team environment. You will be part of the US Pipelines (USPL) HSSE team and will support pipelines in the Northwest.
- Provide district safety, health, security and DOT compliance support. Assists the business in achieving and maintaining compliance with federal, state and local regulations and company policies.
- Advocate and promote appropriate safety, health, security and DOT culture and behaviors within the district.
- Conduct incident investigations and safety audits, identify discrepancies, and drive corrections as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely guidance to district personnel on internal safety, health, and security policies with emphasis on Control of Work.
- Participate in the HSSE review of projects; identify equipment, process, and chemical hazards; assess safety and health impacts and recommend solutions.
- Participate in and prepare for audits and inspections conducted by regulatory agencies, BP, and the business.
- Provide 24/7 safety support for drills and emergency response.
- Maintain and enhance relationships as one of the district's primary liaisons with local and state regulatory agencies.
- Provide safety input for Facility Response and Security Plans.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required. A degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or technical is preferred.
- At least 3 years of related safety and/or DOT (pipeline) experience or a combination of prior line operations and HSSE experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with both field personnel and management.
- Knowledge and experience with heavy construction activities and pipeline operations.