Progressive, in partnership with one of its international clients, are currently searching for a Instrumentation & Controls Lead Engineer for a 12 month contract in Perth Western Australia.
The Role Our Client is a leading producer of specialty chemicals who are looking for an Instrument and Controls Engineer to join their team, in this position you will be responsible for the execution and construction of a production facility for Lithium Hydroxide in Western Australia.
The candidate will provide instrument and control systems design lead support for capital projects to be built. These designs shall be safe, operable, economical, and environmentally sound. candidate will also provide technical support for troubleshooting, problem solving, and failure analysis related to instrumentation and control systems installations
- The candidate for this role would typically have a BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in the Chemical Process Industry or similar industry or an advanced engineering degree with lesser experience.
- Significant experience with instrumentation (including P&ID development, calculations, specification, procurement, wiring design for construction packages, commissioning, startup, and maintenance) in industrial chemical or petro-chemical processing facilities.
- Significant experience with distributed control systems and programmable logic controllers (including specification, procurement, design, commissioning, startup, and maintenance) in industrial chemical or petro-chemical processing facilities.
- Significant experience with instrument and control system design during all phases of a capital project - scope development, detailed design, construction, and commissioning.
- Highly familiar with applicable instrumentation and control systems engineering code requirements, standards, and best practices for chemical process plant design (OSHA, NFPA, API, NEC, IEEE, IEC, and/or the applicable Australian codes). This would include specific design and evaluation experience with such documents.
- Significant experience in the utilization of instrumentation calculation and analysis tools and self-generated MATHCAD or spreadsheet tools for instrumentation sizing and selection
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities with varied scope, schedule, priorities, and locations.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Project management experience.
- In-plant work experience.
- Experience with SAP business enterprise systems.
- Experience with specification, installation, and maintenance of Plant Information Management Systems (PIMS).
Recruiting for this position will commence shortly, with interviews to be conducted throughout the month of June. This is a great opportunity to further your career by securing a long-term contract role with a global name in engineering
Please click the 'Apply Now' button below or contact Jimmy on 02 9285 1022