Project Manager needed to work on a 12 month contract working with engineering department of a fortune 1000 company in Perth. The ideal candidate will be high energy, collaborative individual who aspires to find creative ways to solve problems, answer questions and improve processes.
- Work with cross functional team to define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the business objectives.
- Drive and lead effective execution of the engineering design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and start-up activities
- throughout the project, leveraging many diverse and global contractors.
- Maintain quality and timeliness of all project activities and deliverables throughout the process.
- Ensure the technical correctness of all engineering designs and installations.
- Coordinate resource requirements and project execution with other ongoing plant activities / work to ensure all stakeholder expectations are aligned.
- Ensure all technical documents are reviewed and approved at the appropriate levels and input is incorporated.
- Identify and manage scope changes through the project change order system.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures, project documentation requirements, engineering standards and specifications.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting including weekly and monthly reports which support the project controls function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in the chemical/petro-chemical industry.
- A leader in safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Ability to align project objectives and justifications with various stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies.
- Familiar with engineering and construction documents.
- Ability to supervise multi-disciplined teams.
- Ability to drive collaboration in cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of project controls and cost forecasting.
- Ability to prepare and analyse critical path schedules.
- Understanding of engineering and construction productivity measurement.
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and construction cost structure.
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment.
- Experience with front end definition scoring tools such as PDRI, FELx, or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of construct-ability reviews and other value improving practices.
- Keen focus on project change management.
- Basic knowledge of construction labour planning.
- Working knowledge of engineering design tools - 3D CAD, Caesar II, etc.
- Basic knowledge of materials management, procurement, receiving, warehousing, etc.
- Basic knowledge of engineering document control.
- Experience with SAP Project Module and other basic SAP transactions.
- Knowledge of construction safety requirements and measurement.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products such as Excel, Word, and Microsoft Project.
- Familiarity with commercially available plant design products such as Autodesk's AutoCAD, Integraph PDS, Bentley Microstation, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills - Customer focused.
If this role would be of interest to yourself then please click APPLY - referrals welcome!