The Senior Financial Analyst - Sales & Gross Margin supports the Fuel North America Sales Team and is responsible for financial management, planning, performance management and financial control processes.
- Ensure financial control for all Fuels NA Sales activities.
- Monitor the financial ledgers to ensure Sales transactions have been recorded properly as well as provide actual vs forecast variance analysis to management with trends and competitor insights.
- Monitor and control the Sales financial activities including assuring accuracy and completeness of results.
- Challenge the financials and provide deep financial analysis and reporting for Sales activities including explanation of the results with business drivers.
- Develop all Planning & Performance commentary requirements (GFO/GFR, LE, Flash, CBM, etc.).
- Prepare 30-month Sales Demand and Margin Financial Forecast for monthly CBM (Commercial Business Management) Review.
- Prepare weekly standard margin and volume forecasts, trends and analysis working with the business and with understanding of business drivers as well as weekly and monthly inputs on M&S Management Information (MI) to the Fuels NA Finance Planning & Performance Reporting (PPR) team.
- Provide detailed Marketing Fixed Cash Cost Analysis and Forecast and possess an understanding of business drivers of spend and trends.
- Support business by challenging cash cost forecast and areas to reduce spend.
- Perform various initiatives to improve the effectiveness of financial controls and analysis by engaging with contacts across Finance, M&S and GBS. The position engages in a variety of ad hoc projects.
- Actively participate in Sales LT Meetings.
- Network with the Sales team to understand the latest on margins and volumes.
- Develop a view on volumes and margins by COT monthly to feed into the LE process
- Deep understanding and accountability for Marketing other gross margin impacts
- Network with the Supply Finance team to fully understand the Supply impacts
Bachelors degree required. Specialization in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred.
- 8 years of financial analysis experience required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional manner and interpret and communicate financial information with clarity
- Possesses the ability to interpret and validate data and identify key economic drivers and has expertise in the tools and techniques used to analyze
- Able to routinely utilize numbers and analytical techniques in a manner that improves both understanding and decision-making
- Tenacity in pursuing delivery of business results
- Strong analytical, financial control, reporting and accounting skills