The Senior Financial Analyst - Costs & Projects supports Fuels North America in financial management, planning and performance management of total cash costs and ensures proper financial controls for all cash costs. Will include capex and other project spending and analysis tied to these activities.
- Review, create, and implement processes to analyze and challenge spending on M&S operating costs and revex and capex processes with Project Leads and the Sales & Marketing Leadership Team.
- Implement a review process on break in process work
- Challenge the Cash Cost financial activities with the Marketing and Sales Leadership Team.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting for Marketing & Sales (M&S) and Fuels NA Head Office Cash Costs, including explanation of the results with business drivers while tying in margin associated with spend.
- Develop all Planning & Performance commentary requirements (GFO/GFR, LE, Flash, CBM, etc.).
- Lead efforts for Retail BIP process including benchmarking against internal/external organizations.
- Prepare 30-month M&S and Fuels NA Cash Cost Forecast for monthly CBM (Commercial Business Management) Review.
- Maintain Cost Reporting Database which supports M&S and Fuels NA cash cost reporting and analysis.
- Provide Cash Cost variance analysis & commentary to support management (GFO/GFR, InFlight, LE, etc.) including competitor benchmarking.
- Support Fixed Costs Analysis for Optimization Team and Fuels NA Head Office as well as linking spend to the overall strategy of the business.
- Network with the Business Investment team and the Business Investment Manager
- Act as M&S representative on FNA Portfolio Management Committee (PMC)
- Lead the implementation of Nostradamus project system to monitor and track Sales & Marketing Projects including forecast and actuals.
- Monitoring and intervening on capex spend.
- Ownership of the annual Response Plan for M&S, including definition, analysis, and challenge for the business.
- Provide value added insights and capture stretch opportunities and response plan actions.
Bachelors degree required. Specialization in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred.
- 8 years of financial analysis experience required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional manner and interpret and communicate financial information with clarity
- Strong analytical, financial control, reporting and accounting skills
- Possesses the ability to interpret and validate data and identify key economic drivers and has expertise in the tools and techniques used to analyze
- Able to routinely utilize numbers and analytical techniques in a manner that improves both understanding and decision-making