LDD is an offshore construction and a marine foundation installation specialist. Using our extensive in-field experience, we design, engineer, build and operate, some of the world's largest and most powerful marine drilling rigs. Our key markets include oil & gas, renewables, desalination, nuclear and the civil sectors.
As part of the Acteon Group, listed as one of the fastest growing groups in the UK, we are a dynamic, can-do company looking to recruit a high caliber and ambitious Marine Drilling Tender Engineer. The successful candidate will be based in Cornwall, with an element of global travel as part of the role. This is a full time, permanent role.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
As our Marine Drilling Tender Engineer, you will be responsible for business development and supporting clients with tender writing for foundation drilling and marine construction services globally.
This role will require the ability to build relationships with clients, understand what the client is trying to achieve and build a technical offering that will meet these needs. You must have the capability to write technical tenders, build robust cost models and ensure that the offering is commercially viable. An understanding of geotechnical principles and/or offshore construction sites is considered an advantage.
- Meet with clients, globally, to discuss their project needs and present our marine drilling and offshore construction services.
- Develop offshore & marine construction market needs, and feed this to the wider bid team.
- Combine additional group service offerings, including pile driving, grouting and lifting tools.
- Generate, develop, manage and secure bids to global clients.
To work within the tendering team defining technical solutions, composing commercial and technical tenders which will ultimately secure marine drilling and offshore construction contracts. Key responsibilities include the following:
JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & APTITUDES.
- Review client requirements, including, geotechnical data, site location, marine assets available, construction designs, delivery programmes and installation methods
- Build technical solutions using LDD offerings, write methodologies and compose cost models
- Attend meetings to discuss finer project requirements and present LDD services and technical solutions
- Meet and build relationships with decisions makers in client organisations, hunt out potential further project opportunities and additional clients
- Build and maintain an awareness of key contractual considerations for LDD scopes of work, address these in tenders and through discussions and negotiations with clients with support of LDD Commercial Manager
- Maintain awareness of competition including developments with equipment, locations and recent performance on projects executed
- Generate leads with new and existing clients
- Manage & develop the project opportunity pipeline
- Development of initial project plans for handover to LDD operations department and provision of support to operations department with client liaison and information as may be required to completion of project and final account closure.
- Recent graduate / < 3 years work experience.
- Engineering/geotechnical related degree.
- Willingness to travel globally
- Previous marine / construction experience is an advantage.
- Ability to estimate and write proposals.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Well presented, good time management & organisational skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop.
- Consistently display energy, commitment and a desire to ensure that their customers are happy.
sales, engineer, sales engineer, sales engineering,
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it