Deepwater, part of Acteon Group, protect our clients' assets from corrosion. We solve corrosion problems and improve anti-corrosion technology to reduce maintenance costs and preserve the integrity of infrastructure.
Deepwater is looking to add a Welder/Fitter, this position is a combined role, to fit up and weld out their own parts. This will require various industry standard methods of reading Engineering Drawings, laying and marking out parts, tack welding pieces together and welding them together. There are also miscellaneous assembly, preparing and cleaning jobs that come up at times.
- Working knowledge of welding various diameter and wall thickness steel pipes and plates.
- Must be able to weld from all positions, follow Weld Procedures, and pass Weld Certification requirements.
- Fabricating project materials (cutting, marking layouts, grinding, etc.) as required.
- Create jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Experience working with Stainless Steel 316, A36 Steel, and other Carbon Steels.
- Read Engineering Drawings and know how to control material without going out of tolerance while fitting/welding.
- Welds must be able to pass MAG, UT or X-RAY tests with minimal rework.
- Proficient in flame and plasma cutting torches.
- Keep traceability requirements as required by each project.
- Flexible work schedule - able to regularly work overtime, including weekends, as required by Deepwater to meet schedules.
- Follow HSE and Quality Plans in accordance with Company policies.
- Education: High School, Trade School, or higher.
- Language: English language fluency in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Good working knowledge of reading Engineering Drawings, Weld Symbols, etc.
- Prior experience following Weld Procedures, Certifications, Maintaining Weld Logs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Must pass a 6G welding test using Flux core and TIG.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it