Global Category Team Lead - Packaging
Location - Netherlands
Annual Spend - 350million EUR
I am recruiting a Global Category Team Lead - Packaging Procurement for a global branded FMCG business.
You will be the global "go-to" person for a strategic packaging portfolio. You will develop and implement market oriented global category, sourcing and supplier management strategies to achieve competitive advantage through lowest purchase cost and value improvements consistent with the direction set by the business. You will need to transform regional procurement professionals into a virtual global team to execute the strategy and deliver the annual savings targets, as well as enhanced capabilities and innovation where applicable. This is a fantastic opportunity for a results driven individual who enjoys working within a demanding and fast paced environment.
The Global Category Manager will be a part of the Global Category team responsible for Packaging and supporting a global strategy involving the Regional-Material Group Leads and Regional Category Team Managers around the world with accountability for all business units.
- To deliver results in key performance areas including cost management, market & financial forecast accuracy, cash performance, service & quality to plants, process improvements, innovation, and alignment with our internal business partners.
- To understand regional stakeholder requirements and define, develop and implement the optimal strategy for the company that delivers regional and global objectives.
- Develop expertise within the organization around the supply markets that you will be buying in and the impacts of governmental; technological; and economic changes that impact those markets.
- Develop a risk management program for each commodity and align key stakeholders to that plan.
- Ensure the global supplier base is capable of supplying the Company's expectations in relationships to Quality and Service and develop contingency strategies as required.
- Manage and develop strategic supplier relationships, acting as the primary interface on behalf of the business to key category suppliers.
- Drive value creation by implementing best practices and balancing innovation and capability building with managing costs.
- To lead specific projects to increase the effectiveness of the global category team.
- Continuously review industry and peer best practices; educate the organization about them; and develop plans to implement those that provide a competitive advantage to the business.
- Contributing to deliver bottom line/top line results, managing own projects according to long term planning and upfront targets defined with MGLs and KAMs
- 7+ years' work experience in an international matrix procurement organisation
- Global procurement of Bottles, Corregated Boards, Aluminium Cans, Industrial Packaging
- Demonstrated management and leadership of a team of professionals.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills and familiarity with relevant markets.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thought leadership including strategy development and implementation
- English language is essential, ideally second and third language in advantage.
Ability to travel including globally up to 40% of the time and ready to connect at different time zone.
For more information about this role please contact our London office
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it