TerraSond, part of Acteon Group, is an experienced multidisciplinary organization, that remains one of the few truly independent, agile, client-focused survey companies. We deliver innovative, reliable geospatial solutions with a strong company-wide culture in HSEQ.
Our mission is to collect, compile, and identify geospatial and geophysical information that provides the best possible solution offering the lowest risk for our clients. Local around the globe, we excel at executing remote and challenging surveys. We have successfully completed thousands of surveys in over 28 countries around the world for over 330 clients. These range from inland surveys to deep ocean seabed exploration and mapping projects.
TerraSond is looking to add a highly diligent & meticulous Senior Project Manager to the team. You'll be responsible for leading project managers to deliver project and manage issues, risks, and project changes to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. You will contribute to process improvement initiatives relative to improving cost control and project delivery.
The successful candidate will oversee project management to ensure projects produce the required quality of deliverables within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve and stay within the defined scope of work.
Due to the nature of this role we are only considering local candidates to Houston, TX and must have the right to work in the U.S.
- Work closely with senior management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the project management program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of corporate business strategy objectives and safety objectives.
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities to forecast resource requirements; prepare and maintain project budget; schedule resources; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Monitor the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings providing status reports regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, profit or loss, and communicating across leadership.
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Ensure projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Act as an internal quality and cost control check for projects.
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Evaluate staff performance and complete performance reviews.
- Assist with establishing staff goals and objectives.
- Communicate expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing project manager contributions.
- Select, train, assign, schedule, coach, motivate, and evaluate personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; counsel employees to correct performance deficiencies, implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- 1+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client / business and documentation.
- 3+ years of experience with full project lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas to achieve a common business objective.
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it