Position Summary:Coordinate quality control projects with clients and specified factories:
Department: Project Operations
Position: Quality Control Engineer (QCE)
Region: United States and Global
Location: United States
Reports to: Project Manager
(Client) provides technical due diligence and engineering services for solar and storage clients around the globe who are financial institutions, project developers, EPCs, IPPs, and PV power plant owners.
Travel to US, Canada and Mexico local factories for quality control efforts during solar PV production process.Manage production, sales, quality control, and related departments so as to ensure the timely completion of quality control projectsPerform and execute quality control efforts in a timely and successful manner
Collect and review project documents prior to production, including: IQC, procedures, worker qualification, reports/records, etc.Manage pre-shipment inspection of solar PV productsEnsure quality of all functions and related tests according to EN/IEC 61215 and other related industry standard while at factory visitsArrange independent testing with third-party testing centers as neededDraft and complete quality control reports in a timely mannerComplete engineering related projects
Sourcing and supplier evaluation of solar related products and componentsDesign related projects executionMaintain (Client)'s existing industry relationships, as well as establish new relationships with solar sector professionalsSupport inverter/transformer/racking/storage quality control projects or engineering service projects in USBack Office and Operations
Support back office execution as needed and develop cross functional skills in finance, quality control and operations to support other colleagues' initiativesAssist in ad-hoc projects as required by PO Department Head or Project Manager to support overall team goalsAll of the above-mentioned tasks will involve interaction with international companies. Additional projects may be added by (Client), or on an ad-hoc basis for other tasks and assignments.Qualifications:
Technical and Language Skills:
- A bachelor's degree in Technology or Engineering
- Two (2) year or above of professional work experience in a technical or quality function in the solar industry.
- Able to legally work in the US
- Able to travel internationally
- Able to work manufacturing factory production schedules (could include a weekend or holiday)
(Client) values taking ownership of the work and perform above and beyond, as such, we're seeking a candidate with the following traits:Ability to absorb information quicklyDetail OrientedOrganizedPatientFlexiblePerpetual OptimistOutstanding professional oral and written communication skills, including writing, editing and proofreadingExceptional time management and project execution skillsExcellent interpersonal skills and comfortable interacting with personnel of all levelsDesired Start Date:
- Effective communication (Mandarin is a plus);
- Mastery of Solar module and relevant technology;
- Mastery of quality control methodology and knowledge of relevant standards;
- Experience in invert/transformer/racking/storage is a plus
- Knowledge in electronics, electrical automation, power electronics, et is a plus
- Knowledge in structural parts fabrication process control and quality control, PV tracker manufacturing experience or process audit skills and quality system auditor is a plus
- Knowledge in quality control on lithium-ion battery production is a plus
- Experience in solar power plant testing or design is a plus.
- Solid and structured analytical, problem-solving and writing skills;
- Extremely diligent work ethic, high level of motivation and desire for results;
- Strong cross-cultural teamwork and communication skills; and
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and other similar programs
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it