The position will work across multi-disciplinary project teams providing analytical support to ongoing consulting engagements, with a focus on risk analysis and stochastic processes.
The candidate will be expected to perform research and analysis on power and fuel markets utilizing internal models to support the development of client deliverables. The candidate will also have experience, professionally or academically with statistics and stochastic analyses.
- BA/BS in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, engineering or a related field; advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in consulting or with an energy company
- In-depth knowledge of stochastic analysis techniques
- Strong quantitative background, by education and/or professional experience
- Experience with MATLAB coding and applications
- Experience with Python and/or SQL coding and applications is a plus
- Ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment
- Ability to provide technical oversight for a wide range of economic and statistical analyses in the energy field
- Fundamental energy market analysis
- Power market dispatch tools and analysis approaches
- Financial modeling
- Capacity markets
- Environmental markets
- Demand side management/energy efficiency
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
financial modeling, resource planning, Aurora, ProMod, Plexos, GPCM, markets, energy, modeling, R, python, Matlab, SQL, quantitative, analysis, distribution, energy demand, analytics, consulting, power, energy, research, development, risk, stochastic
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it