Project Manager - High Voltage Engineering Projects
- Location: Germany (North)
- Salary: Permanent. Very Competitive
- Start: Q3 / Q4 2020
- Key Skills: HV electrical engineering, project management, consulting
My client is an international engineering and consulting firm with offices, customers and projects across Europe, Middle East and SE Asia. We are currently recruiting Project Managers who will work closely with their customers to deliver turnkey projects to building HV transmission infrastructure.We are looking for Project Managers with hands-on EPC expertise in one of the following areas - Static compensator (STATCOM), HVDC or Primary Substation Equipment.
As the Project Manager, you could be integrated into the clients team or take a lead over as project team and a Owners / Client Engineer managing all subcontractor activity.
- Provide project management and project engineering expertise to HV projects o in transmission system operator environments
- Support client projects by providing engineering expertise in one of the following areas: HV Substations, STATCOM or HVDC projects.
- Define specific project scopes, engineering and equipment requirements for STATCOM, Substation OR HVDC projects
- Review and approve technical guidelines for specialist equipment or components.
- Develop project milestones, budgets, forecasts, subcontracting strategies and manpower requirements for the project.
- Oversee design, construction, installation or delivery phases of projects as Project Manager upholding QHSE and contractual obligations.
- Provide diplomatic stakeholder management, subcontractor management
- Provide as required economic or technical alternatives to solve project challenges.
- Diploma or Masters in Electrical or similar engineering topic
- Minimum of 5 years working experience. Ideally previous experience in a HV equipment supplier, consulting or engineering contractor
- Proven experience working on HV Substations in Germany such as 220 kV or the 380 kV projects
- Experience as a Project Engineer, Project Manager covering design and installation of HV substations in greenfield or brownfield environments.
- Specialist knowledge in one of the following areas: Primary Equipment or STATCOM or HVDC with sound understanding of engineering principles in HV environment
- Fluent German and English language skills
- Proven leadership experience, able to lead small teams of engineers in a utility or consulting environment
- Willingness to work on and travel to international project in the future.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing consulting practice working at the forefront of HVDC and electricity transmission technology. Projects will include onshore substations, HV interconnectors, offshore wind and HV cable projects in Germany.
If you are interested to hear more about the client, salary, project and interview process, please apply and contact Curtis Thompson or Sanaz Alizadeh on +44 (0) 207 448 1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HV Substation, Electrical Engineering
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it