- Undertakes responsibility for discipline management of technical integrity.
- Directs critical activities requiring instrument and control knowledge and expertise.
- Provides daily technical support to instrument and electrical technicians and supervisors.
- Provides technical support on instrumentation application to process engineering., process control, operations, and process safety functional groups
- Assists in planning and execution of turnaround instrument and control activities.
- Provides technical input in determining priority and scope of equipment repairs.
- Leads root-cause-analysis failure investigations for instrument and control related incidents.
- Analyzes equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to reliability issues.
- Generates and maintains instrumentation key performance indicators
- Reviews engineering projects and improvements to ensure compliance with refinery standards, national electric codes and other applicable industry standards.
- Participates in Layer of Protection Analysis and Hazard and Operability Study evaluations and drives implementation of resulting actions in the instrumentation discipline.
- Completes engineering design and documentation for small refinery improvement and modification projects.
- Assists in developing and maintaining plant instrumentation and control engineering and safety standards.
- Develops and manages reliability projects for refinery instrument and control systems.
- Reviews supplier data and witnesses shop tests, and writes material requisitions.
- Directs the efforts of design engineering and construction contractors.
- Maintains the facility instrument data sheets and jointly maintains the P&ID's with process engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution preferred
- 3 years of refining (or similar industry) experience with an engineering degree
- 6 years of refining (or similar industry) experience in a role performing instrumentation engineering or equivalent technical function without an engineering degree
- Minimum 3 years working in an end-user/owner role in the refining (or similar) industry
- Computer proficiency in standard desktop software.
- Knowledge of industry codes, guidelines and regulatory standards to include NEC, ISA, NFPA, and API.
- Experience with distributed control systems, instrumentation and controls and basic analyzers
- Experience with Safety Instrumented Systems and knowledgeable in cause-and-effect diagrams
- Experience with instrument and control equipment design, specification, installation, repair & maintenance
- Experience with various types of control valves
- Technical knowledge of instrument and control system engineering calculations, construction methods, and materials.
- Experience with PLC and distributed control systems.
- Experience with Layer of Protection Analysis methodology
- Experience with valve diagnostics software
- Emerson Asset Management System software experience
- Smart Plant Instrumentation experience
- Low and medium voltage electrical distribution experience
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it