The Lead Engineer will be responsible for performing enterprise telecommunications planning, engineering, documentation, and diagnostics within the Operational Smart Grid networks.
- Manage telecommunications carrier relationships; tracks and escalates tickets as required and coordinates postmortem activity.
- Act as department business security liaison and serves as Client representative for Global Technical Security Team.
- Lead the completion of assigned telecommunication engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Respond to requests for data communications connectivity that are related to moves, adds, and changes within the customer community.
- Assist in the analysis, scheduling, acquisition, implementation, and documentation of telecommunications hardware, software, and facilities for assigned projects.
- Respond to general technical data network facility, hardware, and software problems and engages required resources.
- Plan, manage, and supervise vendor engagements.
- Monitor system performance and ensures capacity planning is performed by assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure department is up to date regarding regulatory guidelines and industry best practices related to security. Identifies and evaluates new security policies, technologies, and products.
- Assist in the development of technical standards for network design and equipment configuration.
- 5-7+ years of engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or Network Engineering.
- Experience to include: network or telecom engineering with utility companies, network design, and Scada communication design and troubleshooting
- Experience working on Substation Communication Systems and SCADA Communications
- PE, LEED, or CCP certifications are a plus
- Proven track record of successful project execution
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
power, network, telecom, telecomm, telecommunications, SCADA, engineer, fiber, microwave, communications, planning, diagnostics, smart grid, implement, PE, LEED, CCP, substation, design
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it