Role: Mechanical Engineer - Rotating Equipment - UK Nuclear New Build, Bristol
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive from junction of M4 / M5 motorways
Start date: June 2017 expected (due to need to obtain security clearance - longer notice will happily be considered for the right canddiate)
An exciting opportunity exists for a skilled Mechanical Engineer with knowledge of / experience with rotating equipment (e.g. compressors, pumps, fans, diesels) to work for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
Experience of rotating plant should ideally include maintenance, repairing, design and package responsibility.
Nucelar industry experience would be advantageous, particularly EPR C&I knowledge, but candidates without this will happily be considered.
Our client is a division of EDF responsible for producing the construction drawings for the new Hinkley 'C' power station project.
The role will be located in Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of the junction of the M4 / M5 motorways.
The Contract Rotating Mechanical Engineer is part of the core Technical Support Team in the Contract management team. He/She is in charge of the technical review of all the rotating equipment which are part covered by our contracts.
The main activities of the Contract Rotating Mechanical Engineer will be:
Modification/ Interface Management
- Ensure that the different technical requirements are well captured by our contractors
- Ensure that the nuclear classification has been defined and addressed by our contractors
- Be the main point of contact with contractors for all rotating equipments topics for the team
- Be the main point of contact with the RD stakeholders who are responsible for supporting the surveillance and identifying them
- Have responsibility of liaising and organising manufacturing inspections with RD and NNB stakeholders
- Set-up any intermediate steps which are considered necessary such as kick-off meetings / pre-job brief / design gate review / post-job brief,etc.)
- Set up all reviews with NNB / RD counterparts regarding CDM/HF review for large rotating equipment (maintenance, operations)
Support for the technical management of the contract
- Responsibility for reviewing and maintaining interface documents for all contracts for the rotating equipment
- Ensure the respect of the configuration management
- Lead on comments sheets for all rotating equipments on contracts, ensure the completeness of comments from RD stakeholders
- Support the Contract Engineering Lead for all technical clarification relating to the rotating equipment
- Support the Contract Engineering Lead for all Early Warnings related to rotating equipments
- Ensure a proper reporting line to Contract Engineering Leads "Waste" & "Diesel" regarding the status of rotating equipment studies in their respective contract and any alert/issues encountered
- Identify and capture on Lessons Learned database all the risks and opportunities for contracts
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
Ideally be degree-qualified Mechanical Engineer with experience in rotating equipment, including maintenance, repairing, design and package responsibility.
EPR C&I knowledge would be advantageous
For the right candidate, or client can offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity to work for a company at the forefront of the UK nucelar new build programme with excellent career development and advancement prospects and international opportunities.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction
mechanical, engineering, rotating, plant, pumps, compressors, nuclear, edf, bristol, gloucester, design