The Emergency Services System Specialist will be responsible for fire protection, safety and security systems supporting the Whiting Emergency Services organization. As the Emergency Services Specialist you will assist in maintaining Fire protection, safety and security systems affecting the Whiting Refinery Emergency Services organization. Additionally you will be the SME on systems projects and coordinate with contractors & vendors on network planning/fiber, network management and IP coordination, life cycle replacement and upgrade planning and execution.
- Assist in maintaining Fire protection, safety and security systems affecting the Whiting Refinery Emergency Services organization
- Be the SME on systems projects and meetings representing the Emergency Services organization. Coordination with contractors & vendors on network planning/fiber, network management/IP coordination, lifecycle replacement/upgrade planning and execution
- Manage Service and Work Orders for all systems related vendors in the Emergency Services organization
- Monitor and / or maintain various hardware and software systems dealing with fire protection, safety and security systems. I.e access control hardware and software, video surveillance hardware and software.
- Develop policies and procedures, to include technician training, inventory control and maintenance schedules are compliant with manufactures' recommendations, government and industry standards
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Emergency Services organization and work with plant personnel and other team members to evaluate new technologies that will provide value for the Whiting Refinery
- Understand the Safe Work Permit process and work to ensure the safe work permits, HITRA's, and other processes are completed
- Understand Maintenance requirements in developing EZ Notifications, maintenance work orders, and PM's
- Understand budgeting requirements and work within SAP, SRM, Track, etc.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise for all maintained systems
- Provide technical support to security related investigations and surveillance operations
- Maintain working relationship with the IT&S, DCT and Process computing personnel
- Perform Data Steward activities for monthly reporting
- Manage third party vendors' performance and safety, which provide services for fire protection, safety, and security systems in the Emergency Services department
- Develop and deliver training materials for all Emergency Services systems.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- 3 years of security systems in a manufacturing environment
- knowledge of security systems software, fire protection software, hard line communications, and plant access systems
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card.