The Packaging Category Manager supports the establishment and execution of regional sourcing strategies and plans for regional categories of spend that are typically low - medium value / risk. The role works in line with defined category management and sourcing processes to meet the needs of the business and that secure supply and give competitive advantage for the performance unit.
Category Management and Sourcing:
Supplier Performance/Relationship Management:
- Develop regional category sourcing strategies and plans aligned to the needs of the business, identifying opportunities to create business value / competitive advantage and mitigate risk in a compliant manner.
- Build and maintain good regional market / supplier knowledge.
- Support / lead the delivery of the strategic sourcing process to realize defined category management strategies, in collaboration with business stakeholders including:
- Ensure all category sourcing arrangements are fully compliant to all corporate social, environmental, financial, risk, E&C and HSSE policies and standards and that all sourcing is performed in line with defined Delegations of Authority. As part of this , maintaining an effective audit trail during the entire sourcing process. Support delivery of the contracts compliance agenda.
Business Relationship Management:
- Develop jointly-agreed performance measurement criteria / frameworks with suppliers in order to continuously monitor and improve supplier performance, ensuring these are embedded with contracts. Perform / co-ordinate / support supplier performance management activities, including the collation of performance data, support for supplier performance reviews and driving continuous improvements / performance improvements as required with other business stakeholders.
- Support strategic supplier relationship management efforts including supply base segmentation, supporting supplier relationship management reviews and driving supply side innovation as required with other business stakeholders.
- Engage and work collaboratively with business stakeholders on a regional basis to enable the effective development and/ or delivery of category sourcing strategies and plans plus post contract supplier management activities as necessary.
- Ensure provision of timely supply market knowledge to business stakeholders, relaying current and future impactful events and their potential consequences.
- Deal with escalated sourcing matters promptly and effectively.
- Operate at all times in a manner that maintains client satisfaction with the function.
Minimum of a High School diploma required; Bachelor Degree highly desirable/preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in procurement sourcing and contracting activity, with the delivery of a broad range of business benefits (cost cash, innovation, service, and compliance).
- Experience in negotiating and dealing with companies/suppliers and supporting supplier focused innovation and performance improvement programs.
- The ability to form good relationships with people at all levels of an organization and from a variety of backgrounds.
- The ability to network and operate effectively within a matrix structure.
- Experience using advanced sourcing methodologies and tools, including e-sourcing.
Procurement, Supply Chain