- Maintains overview of Topsides facilities Engineering activities performed by Contractors
- Performance management of Contractors engineering during design, Long lead items procurement, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Integration of the BP engineering team through continuous engagement and communication
- Performance manage any CVA/ MWS contractor
- Coordinate and integrates input from various BP functions like Operations, Construction, Commissioning to ensure engineering support is timely provided
- Ensures that project functional specification and requirements are delivered
- Works closely with GFH for equipment procurement activities
- Ensure engineering quality is delivered through participating in quality audits
- Provide technical input to risk assessments, MOCs and project reviews (HAZID/ISD, HAZOP/LOPA, PHSSERs, Design Reviews).
- Multi discipline / facilities oversight of requests for deviations or exemptions to the established specifications and standards and their impacts
- Engineering risk management & mitigation
- System and Interface management between Contractors
- Provides input to the engineering content of key project documents
- Coordinates the engineering content for discipline relevant decisions
- Oversees the application of engineering codes, standards and practices.
- Ensures that Brownfield considerations as well as current Operating philosophies are identified and addressed in the project scope
- Coordinate any 3rd party engineering activities happening through UEC or other specialized contractors, other than the EPC contractor to make sure these inputs are timely available.
- Supports EM & ETL as required
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline. P.E. is desired.
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience
- Experienced in contractor management and project delivery
- Deep discipline expertise with good track record of multi discipline integration
- Pragmatic decision maker, willing to challenge and ensure engineering value is delivered
- Track record of delivery and able to demonstrate effective project technical management and leadership skills.
- Ability to engage and work with projects personnel, stakeholders, contractors and suppliers
- Recent experience of working with and influencing contractors
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project team, Contractors and GPO leadership.
- Knowledge of all relevant Topsides oil and gas industry codes, standards and regulations
- Knowledge of relevant internal BP engineering criteria, standards and technical practices.
- Experience in managing performance metrics.
- Planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated safety focus with a commitment to continuous improvement in HSSE performance.
- Brownfield Topsides project experience
- In-depth knowledge of the GPO Engineering Guide, Brownfield Guide and toolkit, Project Management Guide, MPcp v4 and Personal Safety Practice.
- Actively engages and respects contributions of others.
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
- Knowledge of existing GOM facilities
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
- Actively promotes open & effective communication.
- Site and commissioning experience
- Flexibility to take on wider project roles as needed
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it