About the company:
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the Oil & Gas power generation, transmission and distribution solution is recruiting a Resident Engineer (Electrical) to join their Engineering team in East Malaysia.
About the job:
As the Resident Engineer (Electrical) you will be responsible for a range of business critical task Including:
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and report routine preventive maintenance and unplanned corrective maintenance of the Electrical Network Monitoring and Control System (ENMCS) at Petronas Utilities Kerteh (UK) and Utilities Gebeng (UG).
- To plan resource, material and equipment requirements and to control material consumption for the execution of service activities.
- To supervise and control service engineers and/ or subcontractors engaged for the execution of service activities.
- To perform planned or unplanned corrective maintenance on the ENMCS as and when required by either Utilities Kerteh or Utilities Gebeng.
- To provide full report on all activities carried out in relation to any reported incident and all the findings, root cause and solutions used.
- To plan and perform regular & periodic preventive maintenance and health check of the ENMCS (inclusive of IEC61850 network, intelligent electronic devices or IEDS, protection relays and associated equipment) at Utilities Kerteh and Utilities Gebeng.
- To be on standby to support Utilities Kertah and Utilities Gebeng for any planned or unplanned corrective maintenance activities.
To succeed in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
Status of hiring:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years in electrical engineering work experience in oil & gas, petrochemical or power plant.
- Good knowledge with Electrical protection system.
- Work experience for Petronas project / facility is highly advantage.
- Good communication skills and possess good customer service attitude.
- 3 years contract
- Must be willing to work and base in east Malaysia (Kerteh & Gabeng). Service apartment in Kuantan can be arranged by company.
- Flexi working hour on Oncall Standby basis.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it