The Instrumentation Reliability Engineer will identify, develop & impliment preventive and predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for instrumention systems and equipment in many facilities.
- Responsible for an instrumentation / reliability plan including the roll-out of our Instrument Maintenance Management System ProCal to newer facilities and business groups while managing ProCal for facilities.
- Analyze data from multiple sources to identify, recommend and give grounds for life-cycle cost and reliability improvement activities.
- Look at and resolve long-term instrumentation asset problems
- Lead the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for major failures to assure prevention of re-occurrence.
- Review and update instrumentation related Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Lead FDA and cGMP validation activities for instrumentation systems and assets.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects utilizing Six Sigma methodologies.
- Assist in developing and training new instrument specialists in the area.
30-40% travel requiredEssential Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 5 years of experience / proven experience in specification, installation, troubleshooting, repairs, testing, and calibration of industrial instrumentation systems and equipment.Experience in understanding P&ID content and format- including ISA symbology and naming conventions for hardware and softwareKnowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial instrumentation systemsExperience as a self-starter who can manage multiple tasksDesired Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree in Controls, Electronics, Instrumentation, or Electrical Engineering.Six Sigma / PHA / FMEA experienceCMRP / CRE status.Knowledge and application of industry specific standards and codes (ISA, NEC, NFPA)Basic understanding of PLC systems (Allen Bradley PLC5, Control Logix) and DCS (DeltaV, Foxboro).Experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM and ProCal
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Reliability / Instrumentation / Engineer / Maintenance / DCS / PLC / Troubleshooting / Repairs / Testing / Calibration
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it