This position will support the development and design of complex analytical models and the execution of evaluation processes for all energy procurement activities, including renewable, demand flexibility, energy storage, etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of analytical methodologies and selection metrics through the use of financial engineering, numerical and valuation analysis, fundamental production cost and power flow analysis, simulation and optimisation techniques (knowledge of machine learning algorithms is an added advantage), to support energy hedging and procurement decisions.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in energy markets preferably in the pricing/modelling world
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (engineering or finance)
- Experience with PPA transactions in power markets, customers, and deal structure types
- Direct experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining quantitative frameworks, in SAS, Python, MATLAB, C++/C#, SQL, R.
- Experience creating complex reports and graphs, converting information from one format to another, and generating reports from business applications/databases
- Familiarity and theoretical understanding of emerging technologies and products, including valuation and operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of stochastic processes, simulation techniques and power flow analysis
- Knowledge of, and experience with, over-the-counter forward, physical and/or futures markets
- Ability to think strategically and structure work in an autonomous environment
For more information about this role please contact our London office
Bremen (28195) Bremen DE Contract Negotiable
Mülheim an der Ruhr Nordrhein-Westfalen DE Contract Negotiable
Brunei BN Permanent Negotiable
Denmark DK Contract Negotiable
Northeast Indiana US Permanent Negotiable