About the company:
As a result of ongoing and continued success both within the UAE and internationally, this company specialises in Offshore Construction and currently they are recruiting mid level Subsea Pipeline Engineer to join their head office team in Abu Dhabi office.
About the job:
- Perform FEED, Studies, and detailed design engineering, analysis and calculations on more complex and demanding engineering tasks.
- Apply knowledge and skills to complete varied assignments .
- Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures.
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines.
- Focus on completing work within budgets.
- Clearly communicate and explain information in straightforward engineering activities.
Responsible for range of business critical task Including:
- Prepare the following for pipelines and their components :
- Material specifications and datasheets.
- Fabrication specifications
- Installation specifications.
- Pipeline design and installation analyses.
- Material takeoffs
- Pipeline reports and installation manuals.
- Perform the following designs, analyses and evaluations for pipelines and their components:
- Wall thickness designs
- On-bottom stability analyses
- Pipeline cathodic protection designs
- Free-span analyses
- Pipeline expansion and rigid riser stress analyses using finite element analysis (FEA) tools
- Route selection designs
- Bottom roughness evaluations
- Crossing support designs
- Shore approach designs
- Pipeline local and global buckling mitigation designs
- Pipeline seismic analyses
- Installation analyses
To succeed in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
- 4+ yrs in oil and gas with major contractor or consultant predominantly performing detail design of subsea / offshore pipelines, ideally including specific experience in deep water (>500m).
- Knowledge of standard analytical tools, with ABAQUS and PYTHON knowledge advantageous.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, or Marine Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering; or Naval Architecture
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it