- Promote a safe work environment by supporting HSSE Expectations and procedures.
- Uphold BP's commitment to health, safety, and security. Support your area to uphold BP's HSSE policy. Support the site Local Operating Management System (LOMS).
- Understand how your work affects the environment. Support your area to minimize impact on the environment. Support the site Environmental Management System (EMS).
- A subject matter expert for safe and reliable electrical power systems.
- Develop/support long term safety and reliability plans for the site's electrical infrastructure and motors that are aligned with the site mission.
- Manage/support capital projects generated from long term safety and reliability plans using the Texas City Capital Value Process.
- Support the development of training programs for maintenance, operations and engineering and assist with training as needed. Assists the TCC Maintenance Hourly Trainer for craft training and development.
- Provide input to the Site Technical Practices related to electrical power systems.
- Support the development of maintenance repair procedures related to electrical power systems and ensures that the procedures are revised as required.
- Identify gaps and drive continuous improvement in the engineering and maintenance work processes.
- Monitor equipment performance and operation; troubleshoot and identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate into long-term reliability plans.
- Provide technical support and assist with the execution oversite of maintenance work on electrical power systems.
- Assist the Unit Maintenance Engineer (UME) with technical support for low / medium voltage electrical equipment maintenance work as needed.
- Assist the UME with root cause failure analysis for electrical equipment failures as needed.
- Assist the UME with Turnaround (TAR) support for electrical equipment as needed.
- Provide technical support for emergency/after-hours work that requires troubleshooting and scope definition as needed.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and technology improvements for business value for electrical power systems.
- Perform electrical design and issue construction packages for electrical power system repairs.
- Provide electrical design review on the Front-End Loading stages of Capital Expenditure projects to ensure that final product meets Industry Standards, BP Standards and meets business needs.
- Identify turnaround scope and review TAR job plans for electrical power systems.
- Deliver job notes/IFC packages to TAR planner for electrical power system work.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), as needed.
- Participate in Petrochemicals reliability networks.
- Adhere to the MOC process for field/shop modifications and operating parameter changes.
- Participate in and lead, if necessary, incident investigations.
- Contract owner for major 3rd party HV equipment maintenance service providers.
- With experience and knowledge, is seen as a subject matter expert on electrical equipment, provides input into improvements to BP and Industry Standards and, is called upon by other sites for technical advice and support.
Experience and knowledge:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required
- Requires at least 10 years experience (15 year preferred) in maintenance or reliability engineering role working on low, medium and high voltage power systems in a plant environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Registration as a professional engineer in Electrical Engineering is preferred to perform the job.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it