My UK based client are looking for Field Service Grid Engineers to join their growing international team. This a great opportunity to further your career in an established Global company.
- To be within a team in charge of a maintenance contract with customers. On a fortnightly rotation you will be required to be on call, 24 hours a day, to perform first line fault diagnostics of Systems and clear failures of Substation Control and Protection systems installed at operational substations onshore and offshore.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites. Ensure full reports are generated to the end-Customer.
- Perform Validation and FAT of Protection and substation automation systems including database upgrades / modifications, firmware upgrades, testing on mirror platform and provide SAT assistance.
- Consulting services on P&C Engineering (Calculation of Settings, Protection Relay, Control Units and Gateway Configuration, Coordination Studies, Short Circuit analysis).
- Leverage applicable Lean/6-Sigma projects.
- Provide, audit, and implement quality control requirements for on-site activities. Assist the company on the Quality Focus, always strive for continuous improvement, ensure all areas of customer dissatisfaction/satisfaction are addressed and take corrective action when the source of any deviation from required standards is identified.
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Strong technical skills on Protection Relays, Communication Protocols, SCADA.
- Proficiency level in English. Other languages valued (Spanish, French, Italian and/or Portuguese)
- Minimum 5 plus years' experience in Electrical protection and Substation Automation Systems, experience working on technical support, testing, maintenance, commissioning in transmission, distribution, industrial and power plants environments.
- Experience with electrical Protection relays and Control systems (LV, MV & HV).
- Experience in substation automation systems, DS Agile knowledge preferred.
- Experience with electrical protection relays, basic and detailed design is essential to be successful in the role.
- Willingness and ability to travel globally. (Around 150 days/year)
- Must have a valid driver's license
- EU Work Permit
The role offers a competitive salary and excellent package.
For more information about this role please contact our London office
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it