- Leads the implementation of the BP/Husky Toledo Refinery's Rotating Equipment Strategy - accountable for identifying, developing and implementing Rotating Equipment strategies within the refinery that support and complement existing processes or identifying, developing and recommending changes to those processes.
- Serves as a member of the Maintenance & Reliability Superintendent Team driving continuous improvement in the Maintenance & Reliability Department processes and contributing to the development and implementation of site-wide initiatives.
- Accountable for delivering the Rotating Equipment strategy that supports the Refinery's effort in achieving the site goals in availability, and safe, reliable and environmentally sound operations. This role is also responsible for the development and implementation of the BP/Husky Toledo Refinery's Reliability Engineering Strategy for Rotating Equipment
- Functions as the Technical Authority for Rotating Equipment in the Toledo BP-Husky Refinery.
- Drives the implementation, reporting and use of high-quality Reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for Rotating Equipment and supports the use of other Maintenance KPI's along with other input to drive performance and implementation of improvements as appropriate.
- Promotes networking both within BP and across the industry in the Rotating Equipment field.
- Provides supervision to Rotating Equipment Engineers to ensure proper technical training and development, the implementation and use of appropriate technical standards, codes and practices and the proactive technical input into the planning and execution of Maintenance and Project activities.
- Assures supervision and development of Maintenance Craft employees, including BP and/or contract Machinists and Millwrights.
- Responsible for implementation and utilization of Reliability and Maintenance execution practices and standards for Rotating Equipment.
- Drives the measurement and use of information to identify, develop and complete a backlog of high-quality reliability-driven improvement ideas and projects.
- Networks and ensures appropriate reliability-driven technology and processes are applied in support of the business goals.
- Promotes the Maintenance work practices and BP's Maintenance Operating Model in support of the business goals.
- Assures and optimizes Maintenance execution practices and procedures in rotating equipment area to achieve cost-effective results, including efficient scheduling of resources, proper training and performance of Craft personnel, and high-quality execution of work with a focus on Safety and Availability.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Required: Ten years of relevant industry experience in maintenance, repair, engineering, specification, and reliability activities on rotating equipment and their support systems. Oil refinery and/or petrochemical experience
Five years supervisory experience Required Skills / Competencies
- Analyzing Problems/Troubleshooting & Problem Solving: Systematically determine the root cause(s) of problems through questioning and inspecting, and then identify the best course of action to take
- In-depth knowledge of rotating equipment and tools
- Working knowledge of ASME/API Standards for Rotating Equipment and auxiliary systems
- Competent in reading technical drawings
- Knowledgeable about project execution and control
- Ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences to optimize or detect abnormal conditions within the process
- The ability to multitask while performing job tasks, without being distracted
- Assist in HAZOPs, MOC's, Incident Investigations, and Job Safety Analysis
- Identify and assess safety hazards
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it