- Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance and awareness in area of responsibility to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment.
- Ensures the appropriate troubleshooting analysis, failure analysis and technical solutions are employed
- Investigates accidents and near-misses. Prepares and conducts safety meetings.
- Coordinates and participates in all refinery safety programs.
- Identifies improvements and works with others to define and direct or execute the project
- Maintains a clean, safe work site and ensures adequate housekeeping
- Administers and/or participates in the support of the Employee Policy. That is, everyone knows what is expected of them (expectations/competencies), everyone has open discussions (appraisals) about performance issues, everyone is helped/helps develop employee capabilities (personal development), and everyone will be listened to and involved in improving their team's performance (feedback)
- Provides the primary focus on Proactive Maintenance and reliability for the plant rotating equipment and systems.
- Provides technical support to the Maintenance and Process enhancement teams
- Understands and is compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures
- Provides technical input in determining priority of equipment repairs
- Acts as a resource for Warehouse and Procurement in requisitioning materials and preparing purchase orders
- Participates in weekly scheduling meeting, as required
- Assists in planning Turnaround activities in areas of expertise
- Assists in training craftsmen in area of expertise and directs critical activities requiring special expertise
- Assists planning in determining the detailed scope of work, estimate, and bill of materials
- Participates, as required, in the Management of Change (MOC) process
- Assists in preparing, reviewing and approving bids
- Acts as a resource for Maintenance in understanding the scope of work and in identification and analysis of scope changes
- Will lead failure investigations
- Responsible for creating and maintaining accurate, up-to-date equipment records, including baseline data
- Analyses equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to reliability problems
- Assists in verifying correct parts are being used and assessing whether used parts are repairable
- Reviews performance of outside repair facilities
- Reviews/develops standardized repair procedures for use in BP and outside repair shops in the area of expertise
- Networks with peers across BP through the Rotating Equipment Network and with industry peers in other companies
- Participates as a member of plant emergency operating procedure (EOP) team
Bachelor's Degree in EngineeringPreferred:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical EngineeringEssential Experience and Job Requirements:Required:
Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a refinery or similar industry with practical rotating equipment and reliability experience.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it