Substation Engineer (LV/MV)
- Prepare conceptual design of the complex projects.
- Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes.
- Develop and review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects.
- Review the design based memorandum, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers to align the engineering deliverables according to project requirements.
- Work closely with peers to ensure accurate delivery and thorough electrical design that will meet industry standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practices.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support project such as other Engineering disciplines, Drafting, Procurement, Construction and Project Management etc.
- Selection of equipment and material and preparation of specifications for material, equipment, construction and installation work.
- Develop relay setting calculations and coordination report.
- Review of internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Coordinate design activities with other multi-discipline project team members.
- Construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to relay settings and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- A degree Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in substation protection and control design.
- Experience on MathCAD, ASPEN or ETAP software is an asset.
- Experience on PSCAD or EMTP software is an asset.
- Experience on relay setting and coordination is an asset.
- Knowledge of modern power system, power system protection and relay technologies.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it