This position will offer you the ability to apply and expand your knowledge of transmission line engineering, including conductors, hardware, insulation, structures, foundations and electrical principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a project design team
- Responsible for the quality/schedule/budget of the transmission line engineering deliverables
- Required to apply engineering stamp on the drawings prepared under his/her responsible charge
- Design high voltage transmission lines of 69kV to 500kV range
- Provide cost analyses, development of design criteria, routing and siting of transmission lines
- Work with experienced engineers and mentor less experienced staff
- Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client and other project teams
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work
- Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line components
- Current PE registration in the US and ability to register in in the North-East US States
- BSCE or BSEE from an ABET- accredited engineering program
- Solid working knowledge of the PLS-CADD suite of design software tools and well versed in the design of wood, steel, and concrete pole structures - experience in lattice tower design a plus
- 7 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, CDEGS, AutoCAD, MicroStation
- Proficiency in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations
- Familiarity with design codes and standards: NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Electrical Engineering, High Voltage, Transmission Line, Transmission Planning, Transmission & Distribution, Utilities, Utility
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it