The Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering expertise and execution under the direction of the Projects Team Leader for a subset of a moderately complex project and directing contractors and for cross-discipline coordination with other project team members to ensure the technical integrity of the project and to complete assigned work activities across all phases of the project are delivered in accordance with BP, HSSE, and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements.
- Manages liquids pipeline capital projects; at times serving in a lead role for execution in the field
- Coordinates multiple projects and oversees required project resources; people, budget, etc.
- Applies stage-gated Capital Value Process (CVP), Engineered Modifications and Small Projects Policy (EMSP), and R&M Project Common Process (Pcp) on USPL projects.
- Develops and implements effective project Health Safety Security Environmental plans.
- Ensures compliance with BP Engineering Technical Practices, USPL Standard Technical Practices, industry standards, and Operations Management System.
- Develops budgets, schedules, and project execution strategies. Updates to TL and controls group.
- Evaluates and manages project risk and contingency plans in addition to process safety related risk management.
- Develops and implements quality management plan for the project.
- Participate in development and implementation of contracting, purchasing, and construction strategies.
- Manages relationships with contractors, suppliers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages safety, cost, schedule, operability, and maintenance objectives for the projects.
- Maintains alignment of project teams with business objectives; Gate Keeper and Stakeholder reviews.
- Implement best practices into project execution plans.
- Captures lessons learned, communicates lessons to other project teams and implements lessons learned in future project planning.
- Typical projects may include line lowering, mainline valve relocation, installation of Emergency Flow Restriction Devices, leak detection projects, custody measurement projects, control valve installations, instrumentation upgrades, 3rd party reimbursable relocations of pipeline, pipeline purges and stopple equipment, emergency response project support, etc.
- Eight years engineering /technical experience
- Three years project management or project engineering experience
- Contractor management experience
- Five years onshore pipeline oil and gas project management experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Preferably PMP Certified
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it