- Classify items (hardware, software) using (a) the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) according to General Rules of Interpretation (GRI's), (b) Binding Rulings, (c) Explanatory Notes, (d) Informed Compliance Publications, (e) Reasonable Care Guides, and (f) other established Customs information.
- Verify the classification of products using (a) the EAR and the CCL, (b) ITAR and the USML, (c) informed compliance publications, and (d) company engineering materials.
- Obtain data elements, specification documents, or material information from the vendors or suppliers to ensure proper classification of items.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations.
- Working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs Regulations and Federal Trade Regulations (Census/FTR).
- Extensive knowledge and experience with HTS and ECCN classification.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and PC skills.
- Proficient with email and calendaring system; Microsoft Outlook preferred.
- Demonstrate outstanding problem solving skills, be process and results-oriented and able to develop global strategies.
- English fluency
- 3-5years of International Trade
- Strong ECCN and HTS classification skills required.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it