- Delivers safe execution of the "right" projects, with quality, on time per agreed budgets.
- Promotes and demonstrates safety leadership.
- Leads engineering, procurement and construction activities for projects.
- Develops and communicates project execution plans to the key stakeholders.
- Executes projects consistent with BP's Capital Value Process (CVP).
- Provides Process Safety Management, Health, Safety and Environmental assurance and ensures that all work is in compliance with local, state and federal codes, laws and regulations as well as site and corporate engineering standards.
- Accountable for providing oversight and direction to third-party project engineering resources.
- Develops, maintains and reviews overall project schedules, milestones, progress reports and cost estimates for all project activities. Forecasts milestone completion, resources and provides cash flow projections.
- Ensure completion of quantitative risk analysis and qualitative risk assessments at appropriate project stages using tools such as Monte Carlo, BP Brisk, ALERT and other risk evaluation methods. Ensures that risks and opportunities are identified.
- Implements project change management process. Manages contingency progression/allocation through project closeout.
- Leads development of project contracting strategy, including contract methodologies, bid analysis and recommendation for selection/award. Works together with PSCM group
- Develops specifications, procurement documents and reviews bid tabs for all material, contracts, third party services and purchases.
- Responsible for project field construction execution. Works closely with projects construction group to ensure safe and efficient execution of all construction activities.
- Actively participates in teams, shares information and offers advice and encouragement to others in support of the best results.
- Understands the role of the team and how they contribute to the commercial success of the Business Unit.
- Manages multiple projects, uses effective time management techniques. Demonstrates personal excellence regarding HSSE behaviors and leadership.
- B.S. in Engineering/Technical Field or Equivalent Work Experience
- A minimum of 5 years plant technical, operations, maintenance or equivalent experience
- 2+ years managing projects or working in a project team environment
- Knowledge of and experience with stage gated project execution processes
- Understanding of Front End Loading (FEL) concepts, engineering and project development
- Proven track record of excellence in delivering Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE) performance
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong teamwork and influencing skills
- BS in an Engineering Discipline
- Refinery experience (preferred).
- Familiar with relevant refining industry practices, codes and standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management and project controls systems.
- Experience in identifying and managing risk throughout the project lifecycle from project development to project closeout.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it