- Champions the principles of the Capital Value Process, Independent Project Associate Front End Loading initiatives and other project execution improvement programs;
- Allocates in-house and contract project engineering resources to the capital projects;
- Ensures appropriate project, facility and technical document support;
- Ensures appropriate technical practices/standards are followed in developing, planning, scheduling and executing projects;
- Emphasizes and enforces proper use of management of change for all project related work.
- Provide functional expertise, guidance, coaching and mentoring around good project management principles and practices.
- Effectively transfer projects and work-related knowledge to other team members.
- Promote organizational capability, generate and retain project management talent for the refinery. Value expertise and provide coaching, mentoring and training opportunities that foster development and improve performance.
- Promote application of good risk management practices and principles. Ensure project management activities include continuous assessment of risks, development of risk mitigation strategies and contingency planning.
- Project execution planning for engineering, contracting, procurement and construction. Assures that projects have good Front End Loading (FEL) development and utilize good project management practices to maximize capital productivity.
- Ensures adequate levels of technical and management assurance for assigned projects, including (but not limited to) development, review, and approval of third-party engineering deliverables, procurement practices, & construction.
- Obtains necessary Process Safety Management and Health Safety & Environmental assurance and ensures that all work follows applicable local, State, and Federal codes, laws, and regulations, as well as Corporate, segment, SPU and site engineering standards.
- Serves as a project expert in the development of capital projects.
- Networks with other refinery and manufacturing sites to leverage resources and share best practices. * Works to improve foundation and core competencies within the Project Engineering Group.
- Manages personal and technical skills development of direct reports.
- Provides functional expertise for project management related issues. Provides project mentoring and work oversight to team. Ensures that the team employs good project management practices and aligns with business goals.
- Applying principles for Management of Change, Hazop/PHA and LOPA.
- Tracks MOC close-out and ensures actions are undertaken.
- Participates in refinery wide decisions to manage spending for the best overall business outcome.
- Works together with Finance Team on issues relating to projects
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering/technical discipline or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (i.e., specific skills and knowledge of project management and maintenance work practices, equipment and test methods) in industry related project management and/or applicable turnaround/maintenance activities.
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- A working knowledge of applicable codes and standards as applied to the refining industry.
- Experience reading technical drawings.
- Intermediate level computer skills with Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel) and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory skills in directing, appraising, counseling and coaching employees.
- Management skills in planning, scheduling, budgeting, cost control and manpower requirements.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it