- Lead the scope definition, funding, permitting, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and startup for assigned projects by utilizing the stage-gate Capital Value Process (CVP). Ensure that all critical elements of front end loading (FEL) principles are applied to support good decision making and project execution.
- Understands requirements and promotes NFPA 70E and electrical safe work practices.
- Develop and manage assigned electrical projects, provide electrical engineering leadership of other refinery projects and support other electrical engineering activities throughout the refinery.
- Review engineering projects and improvements to ensure compliance with refinery standards and good engineering practice.
- Direct critical project-related design, construction and commissioning activities requiring electrical knowledge and expertise.
- Work collaboratively with the Procurement Team, contractors and vendors to execute efficient contracts and purchases.
- Direct the efforts of third party design engineering and construction contractors.
- Oversee and mentor design engineering, field supervision and contractors to champion electrical safety, regulatory requirements and quality.
- Plan and coordinate peer reviews, safety reviews (MOC, HAZOP, PHSSERs), QA/QC compliance, and other assurance activities.
- Capture, share and apply lessons learned are met from a project management perspective.
- Update all relevant drawings and documentation and provide information according to refinery practices in a timely manner to ensure that relevant training information is updated and communicated to appropriate personnel.
- Provide support to the Turnaround organization and may lead electrical engineering activities for Turnaround maintenance and projects.
- Support refinery Electrical Maintenance Engineers and others in identifying strategic electrical power system opportunities that have high potential to improve operating efficiency and availability or to reduce maintenance costs.
- Support Electricians in maintaining electrical equipment and system design and maintenance history documentation.
- Identify new electrical technologies and evaluate for suitability and maintainability. When applicable, develop application designs and assist with technician training.
- Work with the Site Electrical Technical Authority to update site technical practices and to manage the project portfolio's power requirements to plan growth in the refinery power system with a long-term, comprehensive approach.
- Participate as a member of plant emergency operating procedures (E.O.P.) team.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering ExperienceRequired:
Minimum of seven years of industrial electrical equipment and systems experiencePreferred:
Minimum of two years of refinery experience
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it