Lead and manage in the most efficient manner the EHS team members to provide the suitable support to the site management team in implementing the Site EHS Management System.
- Implement and maintain the Site Environmental, Health, Safety Management System, ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory, regulatory, contractual and company requirements.
- Implement and maintain the Site Security Management System, when relevant, ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory, regulatory, contractual and company requirements.
- Define and monitor actions to improve EHS Performance in Construction & Commissioning and to reduce likelihood and severity of EHS events and Site Security breaches.
Managerial (Administration / People)
- Personally comply with all applicable company regulations
- Monitor the effectiveness of the site related rules defined in the Project EHS plan, revise as necessary in agreement with the Project EHS Manager and Site Manager
- Ensure full implementation of company standards and procedures at site
- Monitor fulfilment of EHS contractual requirements established with the Subcontractors
- Monitor the implementation of the Commissioning Safety Rules and take appropriate actions in the event of non-compliance.
- Prepare, implement and maintain emergency plans, security programs and site access control procedures.
- Set up and administrate the EHS training program for site personnel.
- Advise site personnel on all aspects of EHS applicable to site activities.
- Ensure full implementation of the risk assessment / method statement identification, preparation, review and communication processes.
- Ensure that all site EHS events are recorded, investigated and analyzed to prevent reoccurrence.
- Report all site EHS events to the Project EHS Director in due time.
- Ensure the Permit-to-Work processes are fully implemented.
- Ensure the full implementation of the EHS communication processes
- Monitor quantity and quality of the site EHS inspections
- Advise site management on legal exposure and EHS concerns
Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare and submit a monthly EHS report to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation for the duration of the Project.
- Liaise with the relevant EHS authorities and external services
- In coordination with the Site Manager, liaise with the Customer on EHS matters
- Actively participate in the management of change processes, by providing EHS-related feedback regarding issues arising on site
Specific Functional/Technical authority
- EHS Roadmap assessments.
- High-Risk Activities (AZDP) audits.
- EHS inspection reports.
- Site EHS Training matrix.
- General site EHS conditions identified during site visits.
- Project EHS Key Performance Indicators (EHS Dashboard, EHS Pyramid, etc.).
- Completion of the Site EHS objectives.
- To intervene whenever site activities do not meet the established EHS requirements of the risk assessment / method statement.
- To stop any activity whenever there is an immediate danger.
- To coordinate an emergency response situation in accordance with the Site Manager directions.
- To take actions in line with the disciplinary procedure and the zero tolerance policy. Professional Experience
- Experience in EHS at a construction site in the power plant or oil & gas industry.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Able to navigate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good people management and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership, convincing and influencing skills.
- Responsible, dependable and ethical.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent.
- International and local EHS regulatory knowledge/qualification as required
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd Agency License Number: 13C6321
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it