Commissioning Engineer, Contract, Newbury
- Due to the nature of the position valid SC clearance is required
- Undertaking commissioning projects to meet the appropriate national legal requirements and Client's requirement specification, developed technical specifications and applied standards.
- Performing commissioning activities on site and at sub-contractor facilities.
The Commissioning Engineer shall:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Report to the Company Commissioning Manager
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable reports of progress and spend on the commissioning works, including that of subcontractors, are produced in a timely manner.
- Undertake commissioning activities in accordance with the approved test procedures, permits and safe systems of work at both site and sub-contractor facilities
- Production, maintenance and submission of all applicable test documentation, plans, procedures, safe systems of work and risk assessments
- Record any problems/fault observations encountered during the commissioning works and, in conjunction with the relevant parties, ensure the impact on the project is minimised.
- Maintain an auditable daily log.
- Prepare and monitor the test areas
- Report commissioning progress accurately
- Ensure that SSOW and RA process is managed.
- To ensure that all commissioning records and handover documentation (lifetime quality records) are produced to the required standards.
- Lead and support the commissioning technicians in the execution of their daily activities.
- Degree in relevant Engineering or Science subject (preferred). Lesser formal qualifications must be augmented with commissioning experience.
- Membership of a relevant Engineering Institution (ie C.Eng or I.Eng) (preferred).
- Graduates to have substantial experience over a range of engineering topics,). Ideally including commissioning experience.
- Non-graduates to have significant commissioning experience, together with written endorsement of competency assessment from Construction Services Group Operations Manager.
- IOSH Managing Safely / appropriate CSCS Card Reports to The Commissioning Manager.
This role is based at our Clients site near Newbury however travel will be required to other UK based sub contractors
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it