About the company:
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the Oil & Gas Engineering Consulting company is recruiting a Package Manager (Mechanical Equipment) to join their Engineering team in Malaysia.
About the job:
As the Package Manager you will be responsible for a range of business critical task Including:
- Review the overall project contract and requirements; to clearly understand the project scope, expectations and deliverables.
- Strategize the execution plan of the project to ensure all key success factors and risks of the project are incorporated in the plan.
- To undertake safety initiatives / campaigns and inculcate safety mindset /culture among project members and workers; to enhance safety awareness and safe working environment / behavior.
- Manage Supplier for review of engineering deliverables, management of procurement and delivery of all material.
- Liaise with fabrication yard activities and Pre-Commission teams with expert guidelines in terms of construction priority, erection sequence, inter-disciplinary interfaces, KPI setting etc.
- Manage stakeholders both internally and externally (related to ensure they are provided with sufficient and right information about the project.
- Lead relevant project meetings either within the company or with the clients; to update/ to be updated on any major highlights of the project.
- Establish and maintain rapport with relevant parties which include but not limited to functional Head of Departments, Team Leaders; to enhance working relationship and to ensure smooth execution of the project.
- As and when, perform other relevant duties within the capacity of the Package Manager to ensure the project is successful.
To succeed in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
- Degree in Civil / Mechanical Engineering or any other relevant engineering field from recognized Higher Learning Institution
- Minimum of twenty 17 years working experience in the Oil & Gas Industry; with an experience/ expertise of EPCI projects and heavy machinery in particular.
- Possess at least 8 years' experience in the Management Level for relevant projects.
- Preferably, completed a minimum of 3 offshore projects and managed complete EPCIC Project cycle.
- Proven track record in the Engineering and Commissioning disciplines related to Gas Projects.
- International / Global Offshore Oil & Gas experience.
- Technical knowledge associated with offshore, engineering codes and standards related to offshore specifications.
- Experienced with the management of procurement of specialized equipment for offshore projects. To be aware of latest material availability in market which meets international quality and safety standards. Should be able to guide SCM team for such specialized items.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it