About the company:
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the Oil & Gas Engineering Consulting company is recruiting a Senior / Lead Safety & Risk Engineer to join their Engineering team in Malaysia.
About the job:
As the Senior / Lead Safety & Risk Engineer you will be responsible for a range of business critical task Including:
- Provide support, advice and recommendations to Project Managers/ Project Director in respect of the HSE and Risk Assessment requirements and prepare project specific HSE and Risk Management Plan & schedule of a particular project.
- Perform and generate various project specific HSE study reports like HSE Case, QRA, EERA, ESSA, Consequence Modelling, Flare Radiation & dispersion, Dropped Object ,Fire & Explosion Analysis, ALARP Analysis, Ergonomic Study, Human Factor Engineering, etc and related design documents, engineering drawings as required by scope of work.
- Develop and generate all safety related design documents, engineering drawings, fire protection and lifesaving equipment datasheets and specifications as well as perform Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Perform Loss Prevention Studies such as Hazardous Area Classification, Active & Passive Fire Protection requirements.
- Identify source of major hazard as well as Safety Critical Element and subsequently address and co-ordinate Safety in Design requirements in terms of Safety and Loss Prevention Philosophy, SCE performance standards, Safety and Fire Fighting Equipment Layouts.
- Perform fire water & deluge system design including fire water demand calculations and steady-state fire water network hydraulic modelling.
- Hands on experience on range of proprietary Modelling & Simulation software such as PHAST, SAFETI, Flaresim, FRED, Pipenet, FLACS.
- Undertake a wide variety of HSE and Risk Consultancy Services for internal projects as well as external clients.
- Participate in all HAZID, HAZOP, HSE Case, SIL, Human Factors Engineering Workshops and various project technical reviews which require HSE and Risk technical input or advice.
- Check and review other engineering disciplines deliverables for quality and compliance to all HSE requirements, marks-up any comment or revision on these documents and ensure that the changes are included and completed on the latest copies of all affected documents.
- Perform project document, drawing and reports filing as per QA manual.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competency, as required by their supervisor from time to time.
- Conversant with relevant international codes and standards including DNV, API, NFPA, SOLAS etc.
- Manage a small team of professional and technical people and provide coaching and mentoring to young engineers and graduate engineers.
To succeed in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or relevant.
- Minimum 12 years in process engineering work experience in EPC for Oil & gas industry.
- Registered as Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia
- Good knowledge with CIRRUS, FRED, PHA, ADMS and PHAST/ SAFETI software.
- Conversant with relevant international codes and standards such as DNV, API, NFPA, SOLAS etc.
- Good communication skills and experience in leading team of engineers
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
New service from OilVoice
is for companies who need to track their staff in areas of risk.
It's free to use, so we invite you to try it