As the Civil/Structural Engineer you will be responsible for the Refinery's Site Technical Practices associated with Civil/Structural design, overseeing structural design requirements in the field, reviewing site infrastructure plans, provide technical assurance of frameworks supporting towers, vessels, buildings, roads, pipeways, sewers, docks and railways at the Cherry Point Refinery. In addition, the role will support, daily maintenance, capital and revex project reviews for sound design, support internal safety and operational risk barrier reviews of the operating facility and audit the plant's passive protective systems.
The Civil/Structural Engineer will work with a cross functional team of discipline engineers, process engineers, project managers, reliability engineers, operations, maintenance, safety and project engineering teams.
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be required to provide support for your area job requirements.
- Sound written and oral communication.
- Capable of presenting technical data and results.
- Ability to support on-site construction field coordinators.
- Ability to develop, edit and interpret engineering standards and codes.
- Establish sound working relationship with key stakeholders.
- Provided budgetary estimates and constructability feedback for capital and revex projects.
- Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance and awareness in area of responsibility to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment.
- Participates in all applicable refinery safety programs.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area and ensures adequate housekeeping.
- Accomplishes work in compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Supports a positive safety culture through example and participation.
- Understands and is compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures.
- Able to assess the design, physical integrity and repair of pipeway supports, tower and vessel foundations, docks and other equipment.
- Able to design and assess temporary structures/supports such as scaffolding and shoring.
- Review, approve and develop new or modifications to platforms
- Actively participate in BP technical networks, BP communities of interest and industry forums.
- Drives innovation through the application of technology.
- Ensures the appropriate troubleshooting analysis, failure analysis and technical solutions are employed to civil structural frameworks.
- Supports Safety and Operational Risk Reviews associated with structural frameworks across the site.
- Able to develop and write site technical practices that adhere to BP's and public standards, codes and regulations.
- Experience with seismic requirements and retrofits.
- Capable understanding of passive protective systems such as fireproofing.
- Well versed in sewer system design, drainage system and implementation of best management practices for green and brown field water containment design.
- Competent in roadway and railway design and maintenance.
- Experience with wastewater facilities design and operations a preference.Familiar with P&ID's, process flow diagrams, and capable with underground drawings, buried piping systems, electrical vaults and ground disturbance requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in EngineeringPreferred:
Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or equivalent with PE in Civil/StructuralRequired:
- Minimum 10 plus years in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Experience supporting maintenance, reliability, or project engineering is essential.