The Reliability Manager leads the group of Maintenance & Reliability (M&R) Electrical, Instrument, Rotating Equipment and Reliability Engineers, Reliability Specialists, and Subject Matter Experts (SME). This team provides mechanical integrity, fitness for service, reliability, mechanical, corrosion, welding, rotating equipment, instrument, electrical, and civil & structural engineering for the process mechanical assets in the Whiting Refinery. The Reliability Manager is accountable for the capability development plan for the M&R department. The Reliability Manager is also responsible for implementing and sustaining an industry best in class reliability program that includes all work processes and assets from cradle to grave.
* Chair the Discpline Engineer Leadership Team and ensure the engineer development program is applied in a consistent, effective and equitable manner and meets all Group, Downstream and Refinery requirements.
* Ensure that the non-process engineering disciplines in the refinery are healthy, effecitive and providing sound engineering solutions. Accountable for ensuring discipline engineering learning roadmap and challenger competencies are consistently applied and meet all Group, Downstream and Refinery requirements.
* Jointly accountable, with USUR, to ensure university discipline engineering hiring needs are met.
* Accountable for developing and implementing capability standards and plans for all of M&R. Provide input into personal and functional training and development plans for engineers, specialists and technicians consistent with plant needs and development-in-place plans.
* Provide oversight and self-verification to practices, standards, specifications and guidance notes owned by M&R engineering.
* Accountability for the direction of activities, staff performance and budget of the Reliability Group.
* Act as a Reliability Mentor to all maintenance and reliability engineers, Refinery Maintenance, Technical and Operations Staff as a whole, being central to reliability focus, promoting principles and understanding.
* Use Reliability Data & Metrics along with Production Loss Accounting to define gaps & aid continuous improvement.
* Implement Quality Audits on systems, equipment, work practices & operations to ensure compliance & quality of work related to reliability processes and M&R engineering owned practices.
* Establish and maintain maintenance systems and programs such that facility reliability and integrity objectives are achieved. Accountable for driving reliability improvements to increase unit availability and equipment reliability.
* Accountable for the Defect Elimination (DE) Budget, driving DE processes and DE prioritization processes. Accountable for developing and operating within the reliability team budget (19000388).
* Accountable for the establishment and maintenance of equipment strategies across the entire refinery, looking up to three TA cycles ahead: Equipment Plans, TAR / NCE (non cycle ending) Scopes, 5 year plans.
* Accountable for the development and implementation of the reliability improvement plan, including Root Cause Failure Analysis, 5 WHY? Defect Elimination and the G-RIP tools. Responsible for the Meridium and Production Loss Accounting software systems.
* Jointly Accountable for driving reliability culture changes in operations, maintenance and engineering.
* Jointly accountable for the development and maintenance of Unit Strategies for the Operating Units.
* Support development of the LRP (Long Range Plan) and refinery maintenance budget, ensuring key safety and reliability spends are identified and forecasted for the routine expense, TAR expense and Capital Budget.
* Select and develop the department's engineering and technical specialist personnel, including establishment of goals and objectives, assessing performance, coaching and providing feedback.
* Accountable for driving the technology and modernization agenda for ME, RE, IE, EE and REG.
* BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent required.
The OMS Essential/GDP Subject Matter Expert is an individual that has been identified based on their role, as the knowledgeable and accountable person for delivery of one or more of the OMS Essentials or Group Defined Practices.
This role is focused on the health and monitoring of the essentials which they are accountable for as identified in the Whiting LOMs.
* Monitor the health of the essential, specifically being accountable for the conformance and residual risk.
* Lead the development of work process mapping for essentials where this is appropriate. This includes documentation and development of KPIs, if necessary.
* Lead activities in the SIP related to projects to be in conformance of the Essential and/or GDP
* Drive CI associated with the Essential and/or GDP.
* Provide updates into the LOMS as needed in content and document linkages regarding conformance to GDP.
* Accountable for managing the deviation process, if necessary.
* 5-10+ years of refinery maintenance experience required
* 3-5 years of supervisory experience
Indianapolis Indiana US Permanent Competitive
Blaine Washington US Permanent Competitive
Blaine Washington US Permanent Competitive
Whiting Indiana US Permanent Competitive
Anchorage Alaska US Permanent Competitive