The Acetyls Business Unit is one of the business units making up the Petrochemicals Strategic Performance Unit, within the Downstream Segment. It is a business engaged in the entire value chain from manufacturing through to marketing and sales. The Acetyls BU is one of the world's leading manufacturers of acetic acid and its derivatives, and owns & deploys its leading technology in Europe, Asia and US.
BP Hull Site is the European manufacturing facility for the Acetyls Business Unit and is of significant strategic importance to the Global Business, with a focus on Manufacturing Petrochemicals as well as Research & Technology.
The European Acetyls market is forecast to grow steadily over the next few years and the business is committed to a growth agenda to capture a substantial portion of this market growth. Our core product range is Acetic Acid and Acetic Anhydride.
The TAR Engineer (IE) role forms part of a multi-disciplined Team accountable for selecting, developing and implementing TARs for European Acetyls delivering safety & compliance, reliability & availability, optimisation & growth in line with the agreed TAR statement of requirements.
Essential EducationEssential experience and job requirements
- Turnaround Engineer Instrument & Electrical (IE) will lead the IEAHV discipline work scopes of the Turnaround during the preparation phase of the TAR event. ; Undertake a detailed engineering role within the Execution phase.
- Leading activities and working with groups within the wider Operations and Engineering & Maintenance teams for Turnaround activities;
- Own the "master" IEAHV JTD's for repeatable equipment items, and the templates for new/emergent work in order to standardise the planning and preparation information;
- Review and validation of TAR work list and scope challenges;
- Defining, planning and executing TARs within integrated, multidiscipline delivery team;
- Participating in or leading Turnaround risk alert reviews, audit and Peer review to identify gaps and work towards mitigation of those risks;
- Develop work packs covering Job Technical Details, vendors, sub-contract requirements and take ownership for the overall preparation and estimation of JTDs;
- Participation in developing HSSE TAR strategies and plans;
- Lead Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs) of key work scopes and establish clear mitigation plans;
- Ensure timely handover of equipment, units and systems to operations during the TAR event and ensure proper close outs of Turnaround works post events;
- Contribute towards TAR excellence processes, standards and procedures;
- Promote and actively engage in Continuous Improvement activities, working with teams in Engineering, Inspection Maintenance Services and IT Systems in order to ensure best practices are developed and shared, and change control takes account of all stakeholders;
- Lead by example as a role model for BP's leadership values and behaviours, fostering the development of a diverse and inclusive environment, with a strong 'speak up' safety and operating culture.
- Lead CI projects and actions to improve Hull site TAR processes
- Relevant experience gained from preparation, planning and executing of Turnarounds;
- In-depth understanding of Plant IEAHV equipment, infrastructure and operational aspects;
- Basic understanding of TCP and Projects principles;