BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Asset Coordinator is an Operations Specialist for a process unit or area who leads the coordination effort between Operations and Maintenance. On a daily basis, the Asset Coordinator tests what is "real in the field" regarding personal safety, process safety, and compliance, and intervenes as necessary to drive performance.
- Accountable to establish expectations and drive Operations and Maintenance personnel working on their unit to thoroughly asses, understand,and control personal safety risk through the use of safe work permits and compliance with procedures.
- Control of Work expert for the unit
- Ensures safe and efficient implementation of Control of Work (CoW.) Considers safe level of work and concurrent work in daily and weekly schedule development.
- Prioritizes all maintenance and project work, and sets the daily and weekly work schedule
- Ensure adequate Operations support and coverage for work activities
- Ensures equipment is prepared safely and on time for maintenance
- Ensure the appropriate approvals are identified for maintenance work.
- The Asset Coordinator is accountable to establish expectations and drive completion of Process Safety related maintenance activities, and to ensure the Management of Change (MOC) policy is applied for changes that require mechanical work.
- Ensures Process Safety related maintenance activities are completed on time. Acts as gatekeeper for whether an MOC is required for an Maintenance Order (MO)
- The Asset Coordinator ensures that Leak Detection & Repair (LDAR) repairs are completed on time.
- The Asset Coordinator leads the maintenance planning process for Operations (Maintenance Work Process).
- Leads the daily and weekly maintenance scheduling meetings
- Prioritizes all maintenance and project work, and sets the daily and weekly work schedules, based on production team direction and need
- Ensures EZ notifications are prioritized appropriately
- Communicates work plans to unit person
- With input from the Production Specialist, maintains an evergreen 16 week maintenance look ahead
- Maintenance backlog planning and management
- Accountable for PM compliance
- Accountable for issuance of the Maintenance Coordinator Game Plan update on behalf of the operations team.
- Ensures work that cannot be performed on stream is incorporated into the Turnaround (TAR) work list.
- Leads the development of (on behalf of Operations) and delivers the annual maintenance budget.
- The Asset Coordinator is accountable for creating and nurturing a culture of teamwork, learning, two way communication, and integrity.
- The individual must possess a strong adaptability to work within an ever-changing environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 7 years experience in petrochemical operations OR 3 years experience in a relevant industry with a technical degree