Reporting to the Fixed Equipment Engineering Team lead, this role provides computer aided design and drafting service to Cherry Point's Reliability Engineering Team. The role will support the reliability engineers in piping/project concept and design. The role requires the candidate to create detailed piping designs and piping layout using AutoCAD from project engineer instructions (sketches and general guidance) while using the BP design and Site Technical Standards. The role requires the individual to develop the initial instruction into a complete solution and therefore requires the individual to exercise detailed design intelligence.
Engineering Support Duties:
- To work in accordance with the Reliability Engineering Office procedures and Standards.
- To develop improvements to Engineering Design requirements, methods, and distribution of Issue for Construction Packages.
- To assist in the estimating of Design related task for schedules and hours.
- To notify the Fixed Equipment Team Lead or Project Engineer of interruptions to design workflow.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and safety of the design office environment.
- To keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
- To manage the interaction with third parties including the exchange of electronic drawing data.
- To produce drawings and graphics using AutoCAD in support of engineering and business development projects, including:
- Concept 3D Design Layouts for initial project reviews
- Isometric piping drawings for construction
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Issue for Construction Packages including Isometrics, plans, sections, undergrounds, equipment, other supporting information.
- To develop Piping design studies and final detailed design of refining facilities for construction.
- To create, support and maintain site drawings packages by doing unit field walks for data gathering (e.g. for P&ID verification or creation).
- Identify issues and problems then develop appropriate and innovative design solutions
- Participate in project reviews as required.
- Evaluate and develop the BP Cherry Point Standard Detail Drawings
Engineering degree, design qualification or relevant experience.
- Familiarization with storage, handling and distribution hazardous materials.
- Familiarization with BP engineering standards.
- Creating designs that are constructible and safe to construct, with an eye to minimizing construction costs while providing operator and maintenance friendly facilities.
- Excellent AutoCAD skills, CADWorx Plant Professional, and Navisworks Simulate or alternate 2D/3D software.
- Significant and demonstrable design and drafting experience in piping design in the petrochemical or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Demonstrable design experience of detailed piping systems using AUTOCAD.
- Well-organized, efficient and self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines and objectives.
- A willingness to change directions or redo projects based on new information.
- Highly focused attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten years experience
- SolidWorks skills
- Caesar II experience
- Import/export from AutoCad skills to facilitate pipe stress and FEA
- Development of pipe support and piping detail standards
- Ability to load/develop pipe specifications into the software packages.