The Project Engineer (PE) leads and manages project teams with accountability for all aspects of project delivery, including planning, design, procurement, construction, and commissioning. A Project Engineer must place a strong emphasis on delivering quality projects that meet the safety, cost, schedule, and business objectives of both the project and the business unit. The PE provides "owner" oversight and direction of third party engineering and construction resources. PE's typically directly manage multiple projects which can range from $500K to $10M each and/or supports Project Managers in the delivery of larger projects.
- Execute projects consistent with BP expectations/processes and deliver desired project business objectives
- Drive Injury and Incident Free project execution
- Drives strong Front End Loading
- Achieve competitive cost and schedule targets
- Deliver Quality installations
- Build Business Unit project capability and effectiveness
- Continuous Improvement through learning
- Drives good project management discipline through all stages of projects.
- Ensure that project activities comply with all applicable BP assurance requirements
- Ensure the cost effective use of BP's Capital Value Process (CVP).
- Provides technical assurance for projects.
- Lead/support coordination and execution of all project deliverables.
- Ensure appropriate design reviews are carried out.
- Develops Project Execution Plans (PEP)
- Controls scope and manages changes
- Monitors and reports project status to key stakeholders (i.e. cost, schedule, safety…)
- Initiate and completes project Close-out Processes.
Communication and Teamwork
- Manage and coordinate the flow of information between the project and key stakeholders
- Communicate of project goals and objectives with project leadership team and ensure effective and timely communication within overall team.
Identify and communicate Best Practices and Lessons Learned.
B.S. in Engineering/Technical
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in projects, operations, maintenance or engineering in a petroleum/manufacturing facility preferred
- Experience managing projects or working in a project team environment preferred
- PMP Certification preferred but not required