Our client who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales are currently looking for a Customer Support Administrator, to be based at their Docklands office for a 3 month contract.
As Business Support Administrator you will deliver excellence in customer service and support for customers, dealing with face to face enquiries, on the phone and in written communications and providing general administration and financial support to the waterway. On occasions there maybe the requirement to work from other office locations.
- Part of the front of house team at waterway offices, ensuring that all enquiries are managed in a friendly, helpful, professional and conscientious way.
- Produce accurate and timely communication for our customers for example, through telephone calls, notice boards, post, email, social media and our website.
- Coordinate the organisation of events and functions within the waterway, for both internal and external customers.
- Cash handling for licences, electric cards, laundry and lockages.
- Provide administration services for the waterway including managing the post, booking meetings, organisation of occupational health visits, training, building management and equipment servicing.
- Produce accurate and clearly presented reports that support the needs of the business.
- Maintain accurate and well organised systems of records that are easily retrievable.
- Use SAP to provide financial and administration services to the waterway, to ensure effective ordering of materials and supplies, to work with notifications and other financial processes.
- Provide support to ensure the effective running of welcome stations around the waterway.
Skills Knowledge & experience
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration.
- GSCE in Maths and English.
- Some knowledge of working safely.
- Some budget management experience.
- Some experience in SAP.
- Proven experience in a customer service area, providing "front of house" services.
- Proven experience of administration.
- Some experience of working as or with volunteer(s).
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and professionally and liaise with other professionals.
- Ability to deal with difficult and potentially confrontational situations.
- Confident in the use of the MS Office word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when addressing customer enquiries
- Ability to work well under pressure.